Thursday, December 26, 2013

26.2 (as in 26.2 miles)

On Christmas day I decided to sign up for my first full marathon.
I must have had a sugar overload that made my brain do strange things.
As crazy as it may sound (running the 26.2 miles and the actual training leading up to that)
I've also committed to
raising funds as a St. Jude Hero 
to support St. Jude's lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. 

It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude. 
Did you know that 70% of the funds come from the public? 
That means your donation, no matter what the size, will help!

Click here for my St. Jude donation page.
The money goes directly to them, 
and it's a secure page.
Please consider supporting this great cause. 
No gift is too small.
...and it is tax deductible

Thank you for your support!
Daniela
St. Jude Heroes run for a reason.
Help me reach my goal of at least $1000

How your donation helps:
  • Thanks to donors like you, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything, including lodging, food and travel.
  • St. Jude will continue to improve treatment of childhood cancer and other deadly diseases through its groundbreaking research.
  • For every child treated at St. Jude, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

So you did it!!!! I'm rooting for you. I'm sure you'll be very busy training now. It's certainly for a worthy cause too. It was SO good to see you, Ryan and the kids on Christmas Eve. I bet you felt that your holidays were spent mostly in the car though. That was a whirlwind trip.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Daniela,
Congrats for your tenacity!
This is one of those causes where I wish I would be rich! But rest assured, I did support in your name.
Hugs,
Mariette

Libby said...

St. Jude is a wonderful organization! I'm very happy and proud of you for supporting them and registering for a marathon.

andi filante said...

Excellent, awesome, outstanding!!! I didn't realize you were a runner! I haven't run in about a year now and miss it terribly. I've run 2 marathons, and you won't believe the feeling when you finish. I cried like a baby after my first. :) I've let myself get soooo out of shape, but I'm feeling some motivation after reading your post. I wish you the absolute best of luck!!! Train well and run with heart! And if I get my bum in gear, maybe we can run together someday...if only virtually. :)

xoxo
-andi

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment and a wonderful organization to feature! Hope your New Year is the best!