Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Homemade Boscaiola Pasta Sauce

A lot of people tell me how fortunate I am that my children 
(and my husband, I might add) 
eat all kinds of vegetables.
I think one of the reasons why, 
is that in the Italian cuisine, vegetables are
used and mixed in a lot of recipes.
There is no way to get around them.
This Boscaiola sauce has peas and mushrooms in it, and my family eats it with gusto.
What you need is
1/2 onion
2 cups of peas (frozen or fresh)
1 cup of mushrooms
1 Italian sausage link
2 large cans of crushed tomatoes (28oz each)

Start with cooking the onion in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, after few minutes add the mushrooms, peas and sausage (sliced).
Let it cook for 5-10 minutes, then add both cans of crushed tomatoes. 
Stir, put the lid on and let it cook for 1 hour, on low-medium heat. 
Adjust the salt and

Enjoy it

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

Linking to
Savvy Southern Style
Stone Gable

7 comments:

Art and Sand said...

Looks delicious.

As a child, I didn't like veggies because my mother only bought frozen. My husband grew up with canned. I can't figure out why our parents didn't use fresh. Both my kids (now adults) love veggies and always have because they were always 'real food'.

Kelly said...

Looks good to me! Everyone at my house (except Will) loves veggies. I'm still working on him. LOL!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Daniela,
Another delicious and HEALTHY recipe. The sausage can be non-meat if needed. Thanks for sharing these; I have learned so much from you.
Hugs,
Mariette

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Che buona la boscaiola!!!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Looks delicious.

Libby said...

This looks like a quick-prep meal that is delicious - the best kind!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

We do a pasta and peas dish but not like this. I like the sausage addition. Gotta try this one.